Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas 2008

Do you every have those holidays that when they are over you can sit back and say - I think that went pretty well. We had that kind of Christmas. Not void of craziness at times, but it was a good Christmas with a lot of relaxing and just enjoying each other. This year we were able to have all of the boys with us. This only happens every other year in our family because of the whole divorce thing. We had all the boys on Christmas day and we loved it. Next year we will only have Ethan on Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Eve with Dana and her family and then we just spent Christmas day by ourselves. Darwin's parent are on a mission in the Philippines and my parents decided to go to Utah for Christmas. Dana had her in-laws with her so we spent Christmas day at home. Christmas morning Ray and Linda (Darwin's parents) were able to watch the boys open their presents from Santa live on the Internet. We usually talk to them this way and we had the idea to have them watch. It was so good to have them as part of our day. We miss them very much. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and enjoying the spoils. We have been very blessed this year. We are at a time in our lives where life seems relatively calm and good.

Christmas Eve at Dana's house. We have a tradition of hamburgers and tamales for Christmas Eve Dinner. Strange I know, but I guess you could say it's unique. I just love food and especially Christmas food and goodies.

Each family was supposed to do some kind of talent. Dana's family sang and played the piano. We did talent the West style. We did a silly Christmas skit. We were impressed how well the boys acted out their parts. When it was all over I realized my zipper was down. I was standing in front of everyone!! You really should tell people when their zippers are down. :)
Chandler was Joseph (green sash). Ammon (tan headdress) and Taylor (blue striped headdress) were Wise Men. Nikoluas (in the back) and Ethan (how can you miss the leopard shepherd) were shepherds. The little shepherd did not exactly enjoy his roll. I guess in our Christmas Story sippy cups are the norm.

I love this part of Christmas. I remember doing this as a child and I loved it. My boys think it's just another torture treatment that parents think up to put pre-teens through.

Every year I make pajamas for my family. This year I just made the pants and bought the shirts. I get such a kick out of seeing them all decked out in their jammies. They are always such good sports about it. This was late Christmas Eve and Ethan had had enough.













Chandler and Nikolaus love to put things together. Thus Bioncle and Legos.














Ammon and Taylor enjoyed their mega huge Nerf Machine Guns.














Ethan loves anything that moves. Trucks, cars, and trains. He spent the whole day playing with all of his trucks and trains. I am totally encouraging the train thing. I love it.














Nikolaus spent 4 days straight putting all his Legos together.

6 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Your boys are all so cute or should I say handsome:)

Brandi said...

Hey Cami! Or Camalee I should say. Sorry, old habits die hard. :) I found your blog, hope that's okay. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! It must be fun to be in a house full of them. :) It looks like they are a lot of fun and I am sure they keep you busy!

Hopefully I can keep in touch with you a little better now. I don't get to Snowflake very often so I don't have many chances to run into your mom and find out how you're doing. :D Take Care!!

Brandi (Jones) Whitmer :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a good Christmas I love just being at home and not doing much but playing. Ethan Looks like an Awesome Shepard Collin wouldn't participate at all he was done by that time of night.

Melinda said...

cute pictures! Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! Melinda

Brette said...

What a cute blog you have going! Your doing a great job. I have to agree with you that Cajun Turkey's are the best!! Ethan reminds me of his cousin Brette. (me) You see everytime I see Ethan he has that look on his face, like he's scowling. And that's what I do. I'll be driving or just sitting on the couch and I notice I'm scowling! I don't think I'm mad or grumpy that often!! I guess It's just the natural way I hold my face?? (not meaning to scowl, of course)I've been told by people before, Nate always notices it. So next time were around each other I bet you'll notice. So we have this in common. Do you see what I'm saying? Anyway, I'm coming to SF next weekend to bottle potatoes. Hopefully I can stop by and show you and picasa. Will you be around?

Jenny Shumway said...

Darwin & Cami -
This is Jenny Webb from SHS!! I found your blog through Crick's and Joele's. It was great to get a quick update on your family! Keep in touch!