What do you do all day on Thanksgiving? Well it takes a bazillion hours to cook and only a few minutes to eat it - so what the heck did we do all day? Well Darwin and my dad fried a delicious turkey. It was sooooo good. Darwin has become a master at mashed potatoes. I basically just walked around and looked busy. I also sampled food where it was needed and bossed a few kids around that needed bossing. It was a good day. We spent the day at my parents home in Taylor. The food was yummy, the company tolerable (JK they were fun), and kids were the best part of the day.
If you have never experienced a Cajun turkey you are missing out my friends. Absolutely fantastic. It is so moist and the men do the cooking.
We were able to spend the day with the Cospers and the Clonts. The great thing about having little girls around is they pay a lot of attention to Ethan. That poor kid never gets left alone for a minute. Sometimes he loves the attention and other times he lets you know in a very audible way that he has had enough.
Emma, Lizzy, and Aubrey Clonts
One of my absolute favorite times of the day was when the boys decided they wanted to weigh in before they ate. They were sure they were going to be tons heavier by the time they were done. Ammon, Nikolaus, Z
Nikolaus said he gained 4 pounds!!! Can you believe it. Ammon said he gained around 3.
I thought this was crackup. No one, but a child gets excited about how much weight they gain.
Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without a little Jell-O. Every year I make
I had no idea Ethan loved pie so much. At the end of the day we just set the pies out on the table so everyone could help themselves. The next thing I know Ethanator is going to town on the chocolate pie and he did NOT like being interrupted from his pie stealing efforts.
1 comment:
Hey Cam:
So excited you posted! Looks like you had a blast at Thanksgiving and Christmas! You're such a good mom to your boys!!! You amaze me! Can't wait to see you at our card party!
Post a Comment